LITIGATION AND DISPUTES
Business Succession and Transition Planning
We represent a broad scope of privately held companies by delivering comprehensive legal planning that address their unique circumstances, allowing smooth transitions upon sale, retirement, disability or death. We take the time to understand our client’s needs and challenges, including valuation problems, family relationships, estate planning needs, cash floow needs and the goal of maximizing the value of the transaction. concerns and efficient administration services. We also provide management transition issues and debt and financing challenges. We also help with when and how to advise family, the management team, and employees about the transition.
Our attorneys draw on the necessary expertise of people inside and outside our practice to provide the most efficient, profitable and practical solutions. Many of our attorneys have more than 30 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of industries, and several have owned their own companies or served as in-house counsel for closely held businesses and Fortune 500 companies. This unique mix of practical business experience and specialized education allows our attorneys to see not just the legal aspect of each case, but also the business and tax implications unique to each client’s situation. Representative Services include:
- Asset Protection
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Formation and Restructuring
- Exit Strategies and Strategic Ownership Transfers
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Dispositions;
- Installment Sales and Employee buyouts;
- Buy-Sell Agreements and Management Buyouts
- Family Trust and Estate Planning
- Family Limited Partnerships and Family LLCs
- Shareholder/Member Agreements
- Dispute Resolution
- Employment and Independent Contractor Issues
- Charitable Giving Arrangements
Startups and Emerging Companies
We provide comprehensive legal and advisory services to start-ups, early stage and growing companies requiring progressive, efficient and cost-effective legal representation of the highest quality. Our attorneys are counselors, strategists and advocates for public and private companies across a wide variety of industries and fields with an emphasis on technology, biotech and healthcare, commercial real estate and international matters. We also represent individual entrepreneurs, investors, inventors and engineers, sales representatives, consultants, and senior level executives.
We believe that technology and biotech will continue to drive our national and global economies and look forward to partnering with our clients to create the products and services that will help build great companies. We differentiate ourselves by having a deeper understanding of our clients’ technologies, industry environment and business needs than is typically expected of lawyers. Our breadth of expertise, together with our years of experience helping emerging companies throughout their growth cycles enables us to anticipate future opportunities and potential challenges before they arise.
In helping our clients grow their businesses, we draw upon our experience with large corporations as well as our extensive work with innovative entrepreneurs and emerging growth companies. From forming creative start-ups and facilitating seed and venture financing, through mergers and acquisitions and beyond, we are equally adept at representing a two-person start-up, as we are pre-IPO companies. Using a team approach, we draw upon our broad base of expertise and relationships with select specialists from other firms and outside experts to provide our clients with high-quality, cost-effective legal advice tailored to their needs.
When clients choose us, they receive the highest quality legal services and the opportunity to leverage the experience, information and network our firm has developed from more than two decades of focused work with biotech and technology companies worldwide.
We provide legal advice and services for new and emerging companies including:
- Formation Documents
- Non-disclosure and Non-circumvent Agreements
- Trade Secrets and Confidentiality Agreements
- Shareholder and Operating Agreements
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Investment documents for Angel and Strategic Investors
- Investment documents for Private Equity and Venture Investors
- Vendor and Consulting Agreements
- Customer and Sales Rep Agreements
- Supply and Distribution Agreements
Our lawyers have extensive hands on business experience and expansive industry specific contacts and relationships.
We may offer creative fee structures for startups.
We commit our energies and talents to be our clients’ most valued and trusted advisors, representing them creatively and effectively in their markets throughout the world. We demonstrate continuous, unremitting, effective effort, and an unwavering adherence to the highest professional standards in the service of our clients.
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets and Securities
- Corporate Governance and Compliance Counseling
- Corporate Venturing
- Financial Restructuring
- Joint Ventures
- Master Limited Partnerships
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Technology Transactions
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies
Business and Commercial Transactions
Our practice encompasses a broad range of transaction activities for the control of your business. This includes:
- Maintenance of corporate formalities
- Private equity investments
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Spin-offs & Joint ventures
- Reorganizations & restructuring
- Distribution and agency relation contracts
- Employment and executive compensation
- Shareholder relations and business succession
- Refinancing and strategic alliances including outsourcing relationships
Intellectual Property & Trade Secrets
- Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences Patent Litigation
- Blockchain & Distributed Ledger
- Intellectual Property Licensing Transactions
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- IP and IT Audits and Due Diligence
- IP Valuation, Financing and Sales
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Counseling and Referrals
- Privacy & Data Security
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark & Copyright
Rights acquisitions for entertainment productions in all media
Motion picture and television financing, production and distribution
Production and financing for live theatrical productions
Streaming and downloading of music on the Internet
Licensing of fictional characters and trademarks
Trademark counseling, registration and dispute resolution
Radio station and other on-camera talent agreements
Print, online, radio and television syndication agreements
Sale of artwork and other matters related to the visual arts
Development, distribution, licensing of video games and board games
Production and pre-broadcast counseling
Commercial Real Estate
Our firm offers high-quality, efficient legal support for real estate transactions that give our clients a clear advantage in dealing with:
- Sale and acquisitions
- Development and construction
- Sale Lease Back Financing
- Eminent domain and other takings
- Landlord & Tenant Issues
- Limited liability company and partnerships
- Municipal and governmental relations
- Environmental and Land Use
- Bankruptcy and debt restructuring
- Real estate finance & Leasing
- Foreclosure and debt Negotiations
Our lawyers represent clients in drafting and negotiating agreements for retail, office, commercial and industrial properties including lease, buy or sell, equity participation and other joint venture arrangements in all phases of development projects.
We also offer our clients a full range of litigation support and dispute resolution tools for evictions, foreclosures, bankruptcies, specific performance, eminent domain and other proceedings.
Native American Law
Our firm has extensive experience working with Native American and indigenous tribes in matters of:
- Business development
- Self-sufficiency and Self-determination issues
- Contract negotiations
- Tribal Affairs
- Tribal Corporations
Our firm has tribal attorneys and works with outside advisors who are enrolled in Federally recognized tribes.
International and Trade Law
We provide strategic advice to domestic and international private sector entities on international law as well as national laws and regulations that implement international obligations.
We represent clients in a wide variety of forums and before international governing bodies, and we have participated in the formation and implementation of multilateral and bilateral agreements, treaties, conventions and protocols.
We work on behalf of non-U.S. clients on both offshore and cross-border transactions.
Our clients hail from Europe, Asia (including extensive work with Japanese, Korean and Chinese clients), the Middle East, Australia, Latin America and Russia.
- Counseling & consulting
- Foreign investment
- Formation and organization of local subsidiaries
- International licensing and technology transfers
- International dispute resolution
- Outsourcing and local sourcing
- Management of foreign agents and counselors
- Commercial and trade transactions
- Import and export relations
- Conflict of law
- Treaty drafting and interpretation
- Non-governmental organizations